Dust is something we can’t run away from. It’s just another inconvenience of life, but for your computer too much can be extremely dangerous! Dust can slow down, or even kill your PC.
How to know if your desktop or laptop computer needs dust cleaning?
- Fans are loud
- It slows down (thermal throttling)
- It turns off while doing something demanding
- It has been a year since last cleaning
Dust will interfere with proper air flow in your computer, which will make it run hotter and heat is what kills computers. To fight high temperatures, your computer will spin the fans faster, which will make it louder, and fans will wear out quicker. Also, just like humans, when computers are too hot, they have to slow down.
Computer might even turn off to protect it self from damage caused by heat.
Ultimately, heat might kill your computer, so take action, before it’s too late!
And we will be here to make sure your favorite computer has a long and healthy life!
Schedule a home visit
Schedule a home visit using calendar bellow, or by calling us at 079 327 10 85.
See you soon!
Process of cleaning
We will clean your computer at your own home, or if you would like, we will bring it to our repair shop. Also, you can bring your computer to us, and we will call you or bring it to you after we finish.
- Remove parts that require careful cleaning (power supply, graphics card, CPU heat sink)
- Remove spider nets (yes, spiders live in computer cases) and any hard objects that don’t belong in computer
- Use air compressor to remove dust from computer
- Disassemble power supply, and clean it, then put it back together
- Remove CPU fan and clean it
- Use air compressor to clean CPU heat sink
- Remove old thermal paste from heat sink and CPU and apply new
- Assemble heat sink and CPU fan and put it back onto CPU
- Clean graphics card fans and use air compressor to clean it’s heat sink (apply new thermal paste if necessary)
- Put power supply and graphics card back
- Connect all the cables back
- Assemble computer
Process of cleaning laptops is very similar.
If you want to save some money instead, you can bring your device to our repair shop: